The role of developer at Mediasmiths is to take business processes descriptions turning them into well-implemented solutions using agile and customer-centric methods.
Soon after starting as a developer at Mediasmiths, you are likely to find yourself developing the connectors, user interface components and general glue code necessary to make systems communicate in new and more effective ways. You can expect to be working within multiple project teams to design, develop, document and support the implementation of business critical software projects, both large and small.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to guide clients on technology developments, giving them independent and objective advice on what solutions best suit their needs.
We strongly believe that people should have the chance to grow and evolve in the workplace, both through training and educations activities as well as by career development paths being available. It is our hope that the successful applicant in the medium term will grow into either a development team lead or solution architecture role, taking greater responsibility for both overall design and delivery.
You must be able to show practical experience using some (but not all) of the following key technologies and approaches:
- RESTful and/or SOAP web services
- XML and/or JSON data formats
- Application defect detection, diagnosis and resolution
- Git version control and continuous integration tools, for example Travis CI
- Amazon Web Services tools including Elastic Beanstalk and Elasticsearch
- Fundamentals of relational databases and scripting languages, for example basic shell scripting and Python
- Knowledge of Linux and Mac OS X platforms (and occasionally Windows)
- Interest or experience in media technology is a bonus, but not a requirement
Must be able to communicate very well in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Swedish is a big bonus.
We look for candidates with a record of personal achievements, possessing the following core attributes:
- Proactive, independent problem solving ability with practical and pragmatic attitude and an ability to analyze and organize complex information and situations
- Excellent client facing skills with ability to build confidence among other people in own abilities.
- Confident communicator who can adapt verbal and written communication to a style appropriate to the situation. Good ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
- Ability to quickly pick up and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure with accuracy, to time and with good humour!
Salary & Benefits
On top of a competitive market rate salary, bonus awards are available based on personal objectives and company performance. Benefits include private medical insurance, gym membership and a pension. All employees receive a company laptop, typically a MacBook Pro, as well as a smartphone, typically an iPhone.
Place of Work
The position is based in Stockholm and it is from here that our development team work; however, some of the work will be client facing and as such will be conducted at client sites throughout Sweden and abroad.