The role of DevOps Engineer at Mediasmiths is to ensure the delivery, availability and performance of the solutions we implement for our clients. It also involves continuously working to improve our internal processes for quality assurance, deployment and support.
Within a few weeks of joining Mediasmiths a new joiner is likely to find themselves contributing to workshops, creating project documentation and running testing processes within a major media company, based on established project processes.
In their first year working for the company they can expect to be working within project teams to define, test, defect manage, document and support the implementation of a number of significant business critical software projects, both large and small. A good DevOps Engineer will therefore need to not only understand project processes, but also the underlying technologies that are being implemented.
The projects a DevOps Engineer at Mediasmiths will be involved in range from small, custom integrations delivered over a few weeks to enterprise-wide transformation projects running over several years.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate and describe a successful track record of delivering projects using some (but not all) of the following key skills and approaches:
- Experience of working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience of working with systems integration using agile methods
- Automating deployments, quality processes and infrastructure provisioning using continuous integration and automation tools, including Travis CI, Vagrant, Ansible, or similar.
- Basics of system administration using Linux and experience of virtualisation and container technologies, such as Docker.
- Providing application support including problem detection, diagnosis, tracking and resolution
- Advising on, setting up and using monitoring tools and assisting with capacity planning
- Writing and maintaining functional and technical documentation
- Writing, maintaining and executing manual and automated tests
- Performing basic systems administration
Experience in a media technology or creative environment is desirable, but not critical.
Must be able to communicate very well in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Swedish is a big bonus.
We look for candidates with a record of personal achievements, possessing the following core attributes:
- Proactive, independent problem solving ability with practical and pragmatic attitude and an ability to analyze and organize complex information and situations
- Excellent client facing skills with ability to build confidence among other people in own abilities.
- Confident communicator who can adapt verbal and written communication to a style appropriate to the situation. Good ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
- Ability to quickly pick up and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure with accuracy, to time and with good humour!
Salary & Benefits
On top of a competitive market rate salary, bonus awards are available based on personal objectives and company performance. Benefits include private medical insurance, gym membership and a pension. All employees receive a company laptop, typically a MacBook Pro, as well as a smartphone, typically an iPhone.
Place of Work
The position is based in Stockholm and it is from here that our development team work; however, some of the work will be client facing and as such will be conducted at client sites throughout Sweden and abroad.