The role of a Technical Project Manager at Mediasmiths is to ensure delivery, availability and performance of the projects and solutions we deliver for our clients. A Technical Project Manager also continuously work with the rest of the team to improve our project planning and execution processes.
Within a few weeks of joining Mediasmiths a Technical Project Manager is likely to find themselves contributing to workshops, creating project documentation, participating in project planning and delivery and testing within a major media company, based on our existing company methods and project processes. From the start a new joiner is also expected to participate in regular company meetings where we review and refine our processes.
In their first year working for the company they can expect to be working with one or two project teams to plan, execute, test, defect manage and document the implementation of a number of significant business critical software projects, both large and small. A good Technical Project Manager will therefore need to not only understand project processes, but also underlying technologies, development and delivery processes and our customers’ workflows.
The projects a Technical Project Manager at Mediasmiths will be involved in range from small, custom integrations delivered over a few weeks to enterprise-wide transformation projects running several years.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate and describe a successful track record of delivering projects using at least some (but not all) of the following key skills and approaches:
- Experience of working with agile methods
- Project timeline and resource planning
- Risk management
- Client management
- Developing and measuring quality, availability and performance metrics
- Writing and maintaining functional and technical documentation
- Working with defect management and resolution using dedicated systems and structured approaches
- Working with source code revision control software implementing best practices in release management
- Experience of working in systems integration projects
Experience in a media technology or creative environment is desirable, but not critical.
Must be able to communicate very well in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Swedish is a big bonus.
We look for candidates with a record of personal achievements, possessing the following core attributes:
- Basic consulting skills – actively participating in workshops with clients, gathering information, performing analysis, developing scenarios, presenting
- Proactive with independent problem solving attitude and an ability to quickly pick up and apply new knowledge and skills
- Takes pride in doing a job well. Individually and as a team.
- Be able to structure and create project deliverables as well as managing their on-time delivery.
- Ability to break down problems and analyse complex information and situations
- Good client facing skills – ability to build confidence and communicate appropriately in verbal and written form as well as a good ability to deal with difficult people and situations
- Ability to work as part of a mixed team that will usually include staff from our company, the client and other vendors
- Ability to deliver under pressure accurately, to time and with good humour!
Salary & Benefits
On top of a competitive market rate salary, bonus awards are available based on personal objectives and company performance. Benefits include private medical insurance, gym membership and a pension. All employees receive a company laptop, typically a MacBook Pro, as well as a smartphone, typically an iPhone.
Place of Work
The position is based in Stockholm and it is from here that our development team work; however, some of the work will be client facing and as such will be conducted at client sites throughout Sweden and abroad.